- USS: the User Support system (USS) to view IMAGE scenario results (see below).
- Big flowchart: a printable pdf of the big flowchart of IMAGE framework, containing all data flows from-to the model components.
User Support System IMAGE scenarios
The User Support System (USS) is a visualisation tool that enables a comprehensive view on the scenario data of IMAGE runs. The tool also enables you to obtain the data. You can download this tool which covers a number of projects.
There are currently two packages available:
- USS_IMAGE2.2: viewer for scenarios of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment - MA (2005) and IPCC SRES (2000);
- USS_IMAGE2.4-2.5: viewer for scenarios of OECD Environmental Outlook to 2050 (2012), Roads from Rio+20 (2012), EU Resource efficiency (2011).
For each package you can choose either a 64bit or a 32bit version depending on your type of computer system. The 64-bit version is preferable to the 32-bit version.
USS_IMAGE2.2 is available in zip format or wrapped in a (zipped) installation.exe. USS2.4-5 is only available in zip format. Both lead to an identical setup.
The 'setup' zips contain an installment executable. Extract the zip and run the executable. The 'client' zips contain the folders with the files. Extract the zip to a suitable location (writable) on your system.
USS2.2 for Millennium Assessment (MA) and IPCC SRES
The viewer provides access to the IMAGE scenario data on projects. Scenario data are stored on the PBL server. To obtain and use the data, please follow the instructions below.
How to start the viewer
The zipfile needs to be unzipped onto your system. Use the shortcuts start_<projectname>_viewer to start the viewer. The start view will pop up together with a browser window with the Help-pages. The Help function starts with the How to page, which contains a short manual on how to use the viewer.
The file USS22_setup_32bit.exe/USS22_setup_64bit.exe installs all files onto your system.
How to download data - graph
Hover your cursor over the border area of a box/container or graph. Right mouse click and select the option:
- Save selection as Excel...: A data set will be created containing the data related to the lines in the graph (your item selection of the dimensions of the active data set). You can save the (xml) file onto your system.
- Save container as Excel...: A data set will be created containing all data of the selected graph or of all the graphs in the selected box/container with the exception of the map data (see below).
Open the xml file with Excel.
How to download data - map
Hover your cursor over the border area of the map. Right mouse click and select the option:
- Save...: You can save map data onto your system. All available years will be included in the data set. However, this data set only contains values for the IMAGE land cells. In order to use the data in GIS software, you will need to convert the data set in ascii-grid format.
The zip-file contains a utility folder that includes the m2gis program. Double click on the m2gis.exe and a form will guide you through the conversion.