Welcome to IMAGE 3.0 Documentation
IMAGE 3 Documentation
IMAGE is an Integrated Model to Assess the Global Environment.
The IMAGE model is developed by the IMAGE team under the authority of PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency.
What is IMAGE ?
IMAGE is an ecological-environmental framework that simulates the environmental consequences of human activities worldwide. It represents interactions between society, the biosphere and the climate system to assess sustainability issues like climate change, biodiversity and human well-being. The objective of the version of IMAGE described here (version released in 2013) is to explore the long-term dynamics and impacts of global change as the result of interacting demographic, technological, economic, social, cultural and political factors.
- Introduction to framework and Integrated Assessment Modelling.
- Summary of drivers, models, impacts and policy responses.
- Conceptual scheme with links to all components.
- Policy interventions overview with links to policy interventions pages of the models.
- Input output scheme with links to the input/output and models
- Projects/applications overview with links to projects where IMAGE framework has been applied.
The IMAGE 3.0 book
The IMAGE 3.0 book is the origin of the content of this site. Here we extent and actualise the information on IMAGE framework.
Availability of data results from the framework
We publish a viewer that gives access to the resulting scenarios of some projects where we applied the IMAGE framework. See the Download page.
At IIASA [URL to database] IMAGE scenario results are part of the model set. At this site you can view and compare many indicators.
Availability of models
Most of the models are not available as downloadable software at the moment. They are too complex and rely on use by experts.