About this website, purpose and setup
Revision as of 08:32, 23 September 2015 by Oostenrijr
Purpose and set-up of this website
- This website presents a complete and concise description of IMAGE 3.0, the Integrated Model to Assess the Global Environment version 3.0.
- The website has been prepared for those working at the science-policy interface, a client, partner or user for assessments with IMAGE 3.0.
- All model components are described in broad terms, focusing on functionalities, feedbacks, uncertainties, and policy applications. For more detail, reference is made to underlying scientific papers, listed as key publications.
- IMAGE framework and IMAGE framework summary provide an introduction to IMAGE 3.0, and the main model set-up.
- All model components are described on the Component pages. These can be accessed by clicking on the corresponding boxes in the Framework schematic presented under (Components overview). Components can be read separately. Clicking on the components top right icon, links back to the Components overview.
- Each model component is described as follows: 1) Introduction and Input/Output Table, 2) Model description, 3) Policy issues, 4) Data, uncertainties and limitations and 5) All references. Figures include a model flowchart, baseline results, and results for one or several policy interventions.
- The results illustrate the type of studies that can be carried out with IMAGE. They are based on recent IMAGE assessments (see Applications), and where possible taken from peer-reviewed literature or PBL reports. Therefore, the underlying baselines may vary throughout the book.
- The Download page contains the setup for the User Support System to view IMAGE scenario results.
Further information can be found via the links in the overviews (menu option navigation) or by browsing the website (menu option browse wiki).
For more information, please use the contact form.