Welcome to IMAGE 3.0 Documentation
IMAGE 3 Documentation
IMAGE is an Integrated Model to Assess the Global Environment.
The IMAGE model is developed by the IMAGE team under the authority of PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency.
What is IMAGE?
IMAGE is an ecological-environmental framework that simulates the environmental consequences of human activities worldwide. It represents interactions between society, the biosphere and the climate system to assess sustainability issues like climate change, biodiversity and human well-being. The objective of IMAGE described here (version , released in 2014) is to explore the long-term dynamics and impacts of global change as the result of interacting demographic, technological, economic, social, cultural and political factors.
To get acquainted with IMAGE framework:
- Introduction to framework and Integrated Assessment Modelling.
- Framework summary of drivers, models, impacts and policy responses.
Policy related pages:
- Climate policy, Air pollution and energy policies and Land and biodiversity policies comprise the policy response components.
- Policy interventions overview links to policy interventions pages of the models.
- Projects/applications overview links to projects where IMAGE framework has been applied.
Model related pages:
- Framework overview links to all components,e.g. drivers, core models, impact models and policy responses.
- Dataflow overview links to the input/output and models
Availability of data results from the framework
The Download page links to viewers showing scenario indicators (>200) of a number of projects.
At IIASA (RCP Database (version 2.0)) IMAGE scenario results are part of the model set. At this site you can view and compare many indicators.
Availability of models
Most of the models are not available as downloadable software at the moment. They are too complex and rely on use by experts.
The IMAGE 3.0 book
The IMAGE 3.0 book is the origin of the content of this site. Here we extend and actualise the information on IMAGE framework.